Tuesday, August 18, 2009

How we got engaged <3



Well hello :)

I thought it was fitting to tell you guys the story of how we got engaged, first and foremost :)

The Kauai State Fair


The Kauai State Fair was going on and the Bible College had a booth up there, so I worked there two nights out of the 3 or 4 days it was there. So, I didn't get to ride any of the fair rides and I was so sad because it was the second to last night of the fair, August 29th and we couldn't go the next day because George's mom was coming.
Well, George surprised me by taking me to the fair that night :) It was around 7pm when we got there and the fair went on till 12am, so I was so excited (I love rides so much!!)

We started out by riding the awesome rides! A lot of screaming happened :)


George was... normal, nothing to be suspicious about AT ALL. It started to rain at about 9:30pm, so we ran into the game tent and decided to just play games the reminder of the night. We started playing and I immediately won George a prize, a turtle!



So of course George being a guy, he wanted to up me in that and decided to win me...a Curious George monkey. Well, looooong story short, it took him $25 dollars to win it (yes yes yes I told him he didn't have to win that, but he was determined.)


Anyway, by the time the games were over it was nearing 11pm and I was tired, so I asked George if we could go, but he said "oh please, brins, not now, just a little longer!!" I asked him what he wanted to do then and he said, "One more ride, we never went on the ferris wheel!" Ok, seriously George was so calm, him proposing didn't even cross my mind. So, off we went to the ferris wheel :)
This is George and me right before we got on (noticed how normal he is (well, those who don't know him, this is normal) and how tired I am lol)

So, we got on and the started it up and I was leaning out looking at the fair grounds, pointing things out to George and then the ferris wheel stopped at the top and George looked over the side with me and then the ferris wheel started back up and George freaked out. "Is that the only time it stops???" I got freaked out because he sounded like something had fallen out or something bad had happened, so I said, "Um. Yeah, I think so. Why? Are you ok?" George was started to sweat alittle and then he covered himself by saying, "Oh yeah, I'm fine. I thought it would be cool to take a picture at the top." I was convinced haha. I shrugged and laughed and said maybe next time and then George took a deep breath and said, "I guess I'll have to do it, while it's moving." And before I finished my sentence, "Do wha---" He was kneeling on one knee in front of me (the carriage was the kind you seat across from each other and there's a pole in the middle with quite a bit of floor) and my mouth dropped open. He was holding a ring box and opened it and the most beautiful ring was in it!!!! He then said the sweetest things you can imagine and after those beautiful words, he then simply said, "Will you marry me, darling?" and I said, "Yes, yes, yes! I will! With all my heart!" So, we hugged until the ferris wheel stopped and got off and started giggling hahaha...



So, we walked back to our car and he had gotten roses for me :)




We drove back to the church (where the Bible College dorms were for the guys) and I dropped him off and drove back home to the girl dorms the happiest girl alive :)
The end...

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful whirlwind romance! So glad you two are happy. You two are half way to your 1st anniversary. Yea!!

    ReplyDelete